- The normal loan period is four weeks
- Heavily reserved items have a loan period of two weeks
- You can renew your loan once for an additional four weeks unless the item is reserved for another member
- You can renew your loan online using your member account or by phone, email or in person
Library members can borrow up to 30 items per card per visit.
Visitor members can have 3 items on loan at one time.
You cannot borrow from the library until you have returned any overdue items.
Lost or damaged Items
- You will be charged the replacement cost plus an administration fee for lost or damaged items (see our fees and charges)
- You cannot borrow from the library until you have paid for the lost or damaged items
- We keep damaged items for auditing
- You must have a current membership card to borrow from the Library
- The member named on the card is responsible for any losses and/or damage to items borrowed with that card
- There is a fee to replace lost or stolen membership cards (see our fees and charges)
Parents' and guardians' responsibilities
- Parents and guardians agree to accept responsibility for losses or damage incurred by children under 18 years of age when they sign their children's membership application form.
- Parents and guardians are responsible for the supervision of their children's reading materials and internet access (see the Use of Public Access Internet and Computers section of the Library Operations Policy).