You'll need your library membership number (located on your library card) and password. Forgot your password?
If you're not already a member, you can join the library either online or in person.
Download an app or install software
First you will need to download an app to your device or install software on your computer.
Click on the platform names below to see instructions for how to download them.
Transfer an eBook to an e-reader
Download the eBook to your computer.
Attach the e-reader to the computer.
Once the device name appears in the list on the left side of Adobe Digital Editions, drag the eBook onto the e-reader.
Disconnect the e-reader and start reading.
Please note that for Kindle eReader devices, only the KindleFire is compatible.
We subscribe to several different platforms.
You can download as many as you like.
Click the platform name below to find out the about the content it offers.
The most popular local and international e-Books and e-Audiobooks are now available with our new BorrowBox library app.
You can borrow up to 10 items for 28 days.
For information on how to use this service, watch the BorrowBox tutorial on Niche Academy and choose the video for the specific device you will be using to access Borrowbox - Android, Apple, Kindle fire, Personal computer or Mac computer.
Visit BorrowBox for more information about supported devices or choose your device below:
For mobile devices
- Download the BorrowBox app on your mobile device from your relevant app store (see links below).
- Open the app.
- In the Library field, search for Coffs Harbour City Library.
- Sign in with your Library barcode and password.
- Agree to the ‘’Terms and Conditions’’, enter your email address and tap Done.
- Browse and make your selection, tap Borrow and confirm Loan.
- Tap Download Now to download to your device.
- Visit My Account for member details, current loans, holds and loan history.
- Download Adobe Digital Editions (for eBooks)
- Open Windows Media Player, VLC media player, or iTunes (for eAudiobooks)
- Go to BorrowBox
- Click on ‘Sign in’, enter your library card barcode and password
- Follow the prompt to complete your registration
- Browse and make your selection, tap Borrow and confirm Loan
- Tap Download Now to download to your device
- Locate the downloaded ACSM file and right click to open it with Adobe Digital Editions
- My Account provides member details, current loans, holds and loan history
Featuring a selection of e-Book & e-Audiobook titles including popular Australian authors, this is a growing collection. You will need your library card and password to access this resource. You can borrow up to 5 items for 28 days.
For instructions on how to setup, watch the Cloudlibrary tutorial and choose the video for the specific device you will be using to access cloudLibrary - Android, Apple, Kindle fire, Personal computer or Mac computer.
Visit cloudLibrary to get started or choose your device below:
Visit the Coffs Harbour Library cloudLibrary site - select Australia, NSW and Coffs Harbour Library then simply enter your library card number and password. Click 'agree to terms' and login.
READ ALL THE COMICS!
With Comics Plus, you have unlimited access to thousands of digital comics, graphic novels, and manga from more than one hundred publishers.
Every title is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, on your computer, tablet or phone — no holds or wait lists required.
- For help on setting up your device and getting started using Comics Plus, watch this online tutorial to guide you through the process.
Choose from our collections below:
Or download the app:
Freegal® Music is a free music service for Coffs Harbour Library members. All you need is your library card number and Password/PIN.
The Freegal® Music collection offers access to about 15 million songs, including Sony Music’s catalog of legendary artists, over 40,000 music videos, and audiobooks. In total the collection is comprised of music from over 40,000 labels with music that originates in over 100 countries.
There is no software to download, and there are no digital rights management (DRM) restrictions.
- For help on setting up your device and getting started using Freegal, watch this online tutorial to guide you through the process.
- Visit Freegal® Music to access this fantastic service and start streaming today.
How Freegal Music works
- Freegal® Music allows library members unlimited streaming access and downloads of up to 5 songs each week. Every song can be previewed before being selected for download. Members must be logged in to enjoy the clips.
- The downloads in Freegal® Music are all in the MP3 format with no Digital Rights Management (DRM), and videos are in the MP4 format with no DRM. This service will work on almost any computer, player, tablet or smartphone.
- Music videos will cost members 2 of their allotted downloads. If 2 downloads are not available members will not be able to download a music video.
- Freegal® Music is set up to browse or search for your favourite artists, songs, albums and genres. Additionally, over 100 playlists have been added to meet every mood or whim. New lists are published weekly.
- For more help on setting up your device and getting started using Freegal, watch this online tutorial to guide you through the process.
indyreads™ provides access to a statewide collection of over 10,000 e-Book and e-Audio titles by independent publishers including Australian and international content, modern Award winners, Classics, a CSIRO science library, self-published materials, and items in languages other than English. There are titles in community languages including Chinese, French, Italian, Spanish and Vietnamese.
You can borrow up to 20 items for 3 weeks, and have up to 10 reservations. Items can be renewed once.
Visit Indyreads to get started or choose your device below:
For mobile devices
- Download the indyreads™ app on your mobile device from your app store
- Open the app, in the library field, search for Coffs Harbour Library
- Sign in with your library card barcode and password/PIN
- Read and accept the 'Terms and conditions of use', and tap Login
- Browse and make your selection, tap Borrow
- Tap the download icon to download to your device
- Tap on More to see your checkouts history, holds, settings and account information
- Go to the indyreads™ website
- Click "Log in"
- Select Coffs Harbour Library from the list of libraries
- Enter your library card barcode and password/PIN
Niche Academy has videos on how to use the library's subscription based eCollections and information databases.
These include step by step videos on how to use Borrowbox, cloudLibrary and RBdigital apps to down load eBooks, eAudio and eMagazines on specific devices. It also has videos on various digital literacy topics as well as tutorials on how to use microsoft and google products as well as social media sites.
Click on 'Categories' on the right hand corner within the Niche Academy to see various tutorial categories.
Our Overdrive collection includes a wide range of eAudiobook, eBook and eMagazine titles that you can access anytime, anywhere through the Libby app. All you need to get started in Libby is your device, your library card number and Password/PIN number. The Libby app is easy to use and will guide you through the setup process and get you connected to our library in just a few minutes. If you have questions, you can find in-app support, or visit the Libby Help site within the app for assistance.
Your Coffs Harbour Library card provides you with access to a wide range of eBooks available via:
uLibrary has been designed and created by Ulverscroft Ltd., a specialist publishing company with over fifty years’ worth of experience of distributing the best stories to libraries around the world.
The uLibrary App provides a secure and reliable app for library patrons, ensuring a secure, smooth space to browse, borrow, and return eAudiobooks.
Once downloaded, users just need to select ‘Coffs Harbour Libraries’ from the drop down menu and enter their library barcode and pin to login to use the service.
- Apple users: The uLIBRARY App is available and supported using iOS (11.0 and above)
- Android users: The uLIBRARY App is available and supported using Android 7.0 and above
Visit the uLibrary Help pages for troubleshooting tips or download the Using the uLIBRARY app PDF guide.
Informational eBooks perfect for school assignments.
See also our Kids eResources