Accessibility at Harry Bailey Memorial Library
Published on 20 March 2023
Providing access to FREE library resources to all members of our community is really important. Here are 2 ways in which Coffs Harbour Libraries are providing accessibility to all lifelong learners.
Dyslexic Books are specially formatted books for people with dyslexia. Dyslexia associations around the world estimate that dyslexia affects approximately 10-15% of the population.
Our Dyslexic Book features:
- bolds the bottom of letters
- gives letters larger openings
- slants similar looking letters
- improves layout of text on page
- bolds capitals
- improves spacing between letters & words
The C-Pen Reader 2 is held and operated much like a highlighter, and when text is scanned by the pen it will read it out loud. It will hopefully encourage reluctant readers to read and can boost self-confidence and reduce stress & reading anxiety.
The Scanning Pen will be useful in a variety of situations such as:
- For people with reading difficulties such as dyslexia, autism, ADHD, etc.
- For those with a low reading level
- CALD community whose first language is not English
- Public programs and activities
If you are not already a member of the Coffs Harbour Libraries sign up today and explore the opportunities.
You can access resources at Harry Bailey Memorial Library in central Coffs Harbour, as well as at our branches at Woolgoolga and Toormina.
Join the library today!