- Loan period is four weeks.
- One loan extension (renewal) is allowed only (except if an item is reserved
for another member) - for another four weeks.
- Heavily reserved items will have a reduced loan period of two weeks.
- Requests for loan extensions can be made by phone/email or in person at any branch library. Members can also renew their
loans online via My Account.
Loan limit :
- Overall borrowing is limited to 30 items on-loan.
- Non-fiction collection - maximum of three items per topic may be on loan at
a time (per household).
- Magazine collection - maximum of six issues per title may be on loan at a
time (per household).
- Visitor members (not Reciprocal Borrowers) are restricted to a
maximum of three items on loan at a time.
Overdues and Lost/Damaged Items:
- All borrowing privileges are suspended if any items are overdue. Overdue
items cannot be renewed and must be returned to the Library.
- A schedule of overdue notices and invoices can be found on our Fees & Charges page.
- Charges also apply for the replacement of items lost or damaged by a
- Damaged items will be retained by the Library for auditing purposes.
- Borrowing privileges will also be withdrawn if accounts for fines, or lost
or damaged items remain unpaid.
- For details check our Fees & Charges page.
- A current membership card must be produced in order to borrow material from
- The borrower named on the membership card is responsible for losses and/or
damage to library material borrowed on that card.
- A fee is charged for the replacement of any membership card which has been
lost or stolen.
Responsibilities of users:
- Responsibility for losses or damage incurred by members under eighteen years
of age is assumed by the parent or guardian. This acceptance of responsibility
is indicated by the parent's or guardian's signed declaration on the membership
- Parents (or guardians) are responsible for the supervision of their
children's reading matter and Internet access.
- Users are advised to read and abide by the Library Service Charter and Public Access Internet